Based in Miramar, Fla., Spirit offers service to Florida and other leisure destinations as well as to Latin America. Under its new fare structure, the cost to fly from Atlanta to Myrtle Beach is $31, which includes the one-cent fare, a fuel surcharge, taxes and fees. Boston to Myrtle Beach is $46; Detroit to Fort Lauderdale is $55, and Detroit to Las Vegas is $73.
Spirit also charges for checked bags, with the fee ranging from $15 to $25 per bag. Again, Baldanza said, encouraging people to check bags rather than to carry them on reduces boarding time.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV