Smith-Midland To Produce Custom Precast Concrete Manholes For Metrorail Expansion To Dulles Airport
Smith-Midland Corporation ® was awarded an $800,000 contract in January to produce 117 custom precast concrete electrical manholes as part of the expansion of Metrorail to Dulles International Airport.
“Twenty-eight of the manholes will measure 16 feet by 8 feet and will be made from a custom-made form,” said Matthew Smith, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Smith-Midland. “The form was designed around Dominion Power specifications and was produced by our welders at our Midland plant.”
The order will support Phase 1 of the project, which will extend Metrorail from the Orange Line, between the East and West Falls Church stations, to Wiehle Ave., along the Dulles Toll Road. The $1.2 billion expansion is expected to be completed in 2013.
About Smith-Midland Corporation (Del.)Smith-Midland Corporation (Del.) is a publicly traded company (OTC BB: SMID, SMIWC; Boston Stock Exchange: SMM, SMM/W). Smith-Midland (Va.) develops, manufactures and sells a broad array of precast concrete products for use primarily in the construction, transportation and utilities industries. Smith-Midland Corporation (Del.) has two manufacturing facilities located in Midland, Va., and Reidsville, N.C. Easi-Set ® Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Smith-Midland Corporation (Del.), licenses the production and sale of Easi-Set products and provides diversification opportunities to the precast industry worldwide. For more information, please call (540) 439-3266 or visit www.smithmidland.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV