NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were moving on above-average volume during Tuesday's session.
Zanett (ZANE) surged by $1.44, or 78.3%, to $3.28 after the company said it signed $17.1 million in new business during the first three months of 2010. Previously, Zanett said it closed $12 million in new business during January and February. Volume topped 2.38 million shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 1.14 million, according to the Nasdaq.
PURE Bioscience (PURE) jumped by 27 cents, or 16.6%, to $1.90 after the company said it received U.S. Environmental Protection Agency registration for silver dihydrogen citrate, or SDC, based disinfectant and food contact surface sanitizer. Volume topped 151,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 119,000.
eDiets.com (DIET) slumped by 28 cents, or 19.7%, to $1.15 after the company announced a $5.275 million registered direct offering of common stock at $1 per share. Volume topped 16,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 20,000.Tri-Valley Corp. (TIV) plummeted by 73 cents, or 34%, to $1.42 after the company said that institutional investors purchased approximately 3.84 million shares of common stock at $1.30 per share for a total of $5 million in gross proceeds. The institutional investors also received warrants to purchase up to 2.3 million shares in the aggregate. Volume topped 716,000 shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 54,000, according to Yahoo! Finance. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Tuesday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV