Clean Edge Stock Indices: Small Gains
QWND's worst pure play performers were wind turbine developer Clipper Windpower (CWP), declining 15.65 percent; Denmark-based wind energy producer Greentech Energy Systems (GES), down 9.05; wind farm developer China Longyuan Power Group (0916), losing 3.48 percent; German wind turbine maker REpower Systems (RPW), declining 2.49 percent; and wind energy product and service provider Broadwind Energy (BWEN), lower by 2.37 percent.
QGRD - up 0.84 percent from the previous week - is composed of companies that are primarily involved in the electric grid; electric meters, devices, and networks; energy storage and management; and enabling software used by the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. Last week, 12 of the 21 pure play QGRD components saw gains while the remaining nine lost ground.
QGRD's best pure play performer was electricity distribution and automation developer Schneider Electric (SU), gaining 13.50 percent. Rounding out the top five pure play performers were electrical equipment manufacturer AZZ Incorporated (AZZ), up 10.93 percent; American Superconductor (AMSC), rising 5.06 percent; utility service provider Pike Electric (PIKE), 2.58 percent higher; and renewable energy project integrator SatCon Technology (SATC), growing 1.69 percent.
QGRD's worst performers included network infrastructure provider Echelon Corporation (ELON), losing 5.73 percent; communication equipment maker RuggedCom (RCM), down 4.62 percent; solar inverter maker SMA Solar Technology (S92), retreating 3.89 percent; distribution transformer manufacturer Jinpan International (JST), down 3.60 percent; and utility smart grid infrastructure provider PowerSecure International (POWR), lower by 1.03 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV