Collins Stewart analyst Todd Hagerman lifted his rating on Wells shares to buy from hold on Monday, saying its "cheap earnings multiple will find new life" once the firm beats expectations on April 21, when the results are announced. He's expected the company to post earnings of 50 cents a share for the March quarter versus Wall Street's current consensus estimate of 41 cents a share for the period.
Hagerman believes there are several factors at play that will boost Wells' shares, including better-than-expected credit metrics, and its proven ability to out-earn even its internal estimates. He estimates that Wells is trading at about eight times its estimated 2012 earnings vs. an average of 12 times 2012 earnings for its large-cap peers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV