Bill Miller, Legg Mason
Bill Miller, manager of the Legg Mason Value Trust (LMVTX), recently revealed his positive outlook for the coming quarter at a press conference in Hong Kong. Now that the health care reform has been approved, Miller expects cheap U.S. health care stocks to perform well in the coming months.
"The political benefits of the health care reform will come first, and the more painful aspects such as higher taxes will come later, so cheaper healthcare stocks will do better in the next few months," he said.
"Given how strong the market has been in the last month, I would not be at all surprised to see the U.S. market pull back in a 3% to 5% range, and I'd be surprised if it's more than that," he said. "But the outlook is quite positive in the U.S." He favors technology and financial companies because of their valuations, and he is looking to "low quality" and "very cheap" technology companies to help the economic recovery process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV