BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- With a growing economy that's starting to create jobs, U.S. investors are looking out at the rest of 2010 and trying to decide where to put their money.
Here are some of the investment views of the brightest minds in business.
T. Boone Pickens
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens has spoken out against the U.S.'s dependence on foreign oil, advocating that America capitalize on its domestic resources, such as wind and solar power. Pickens released a statement Monday praising President Barack Obama's decision to promote offshore drilling."Even if the estimates of the reserves are correct, we are 10 years away from being able to use them. It's imperative that we promote other immediately available domestic alternatives to solve the national security crisis created by foreign oil dependency. Blue-Chip Funds May Gain This Quarter>>> "Transportation has to lead the way-- it accounts for two-thirds of our oil imports. No energy strategy can be effective unless it promotes the use of domestic natural gas as a transportation fuel alternative to foreign oil/diesel, and the focus has to be on America's eight million heavy duty vehicles. The Nat Gas Act, a bipartisan bill proposed in both sides of Congress, would advance the use of natural gas as a transportation fuel."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV