Encorium Group, MDRNA: Early Volume Plays
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Encorium Group (ENCO) was set to trade sharply lower Monday after the company said late Thursday that it is delaying the filing of its annual report as the company's independent registered accounting firm has not completed its audit of Encorium's financials. The stock closed Thursday at $2.26 and fell more than 11% in the after-market session. The 50-day average daily volume for Encorium is 247,000, according to the Nasdaq.
MDRNA (MRNA) jumped by 16 cents, or 13.5%, to $1.35 in the premarket session after the company announced a study effort with Pfizer (PFE) focusing on the evaluation of MDRNA's proprietary di-alkylated amino acids (DiLA2) platform and UsiRNA constructs for RNA interference (RNAi). Additional details of the collaboration were not disclosed. The 50-day average daily volume for MDRNA is 1.53 million.
Microvision (MVIS) surged by 40 cents, or 13.3%, to $3.42 in the premarket session after the company said it has received an $8.5 million purchase order for new PicoP Laser Projection Display Engine. The 50-day average daily volume for Microvision is 881,000.RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals (RGN) may lose ground Monday after the company's annual report contained a going concern qualification notice. RegeneRx closed Thursday at 59 cents. The three-month average daily volume for RegeneRx is 83,000, according to Yahoo! Finance. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV