NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks tracked higher Thursday after lower claims and robust manufacturing data from across the globe strengthened confidence in the recovery ahead of a March job report due Friday that's expected to show a boost in payrolls.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished up 70 points, or 0.7%, to 10,927. The S&P 500 gained 9 points, or 0.7%, to 1,178, and the Nasdaq put on 5 points, or 0.2%, to 2,403.
British and Chinese manufacturing picked up last month, according to economic data released Thursday morning, and in
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV