By Eric Dutram of ETF Database
Although the ETF world started by focusing on tracking well known indices such as the S&P 500, it has significantly branched out in recent years, offering funds that track everything from commodity indices to quantitative methodologies that attempt to deliver excess returns.
These quant ETFs haven't really hit it big yet, but they have certainly attracted a fair amount of assets from investors who believe in the benefits of stock analysis but are eager to reap the benefits of the ETF structure.
One interesting marriage is found in the PowerShares DWA Technical Leaders Portfolio (PDP), a fund that offers access to a strategy of buying and selling securities based on chart patterns and other technical indicators such as relative strength levels.Investors who emphasize relative strength believe that stocks that show high relative strength compared with broader indexes are likely to continue increasing in price, and that it is better to buy those stocks than to buy stocks with falling prices. In other words, "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV