NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) have agreed to collaborate and utilize an Isis drug platform to develop therapeutics for rare and serious diseases, including those that are infectious and cause blindness.
Under the agreement, Isis will receive an upfront payment of $35 million from GlaxoSmithKline and is eligible to receive on average up to $20 million in milestones per program. The agreement covers up to six programs. In total, Isis will be eligible to receive license fees and milestone payments of up to $1.5 billion.
In addition, Isis will receive up to double-digit royalties on sales from any product that is successfully commercialized.
Shares of Isis are spiking on the news, up 10.5% to $11.38 in Wednesday morning trading. GlaxoSmithKline stock is essentially flat, up 10 cents to $38.33.-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV