Cash-Generating Short-Squeeze Opportunities
Industrial cable and wire distributor Anixter International (AXE) has been just barely underperforming the broad market in 2010, but that trend could soon change if the company can deliver decent fundamental performance in its next quarter. As of right now, Anixter's short interest ratio sits at 10.4.
Debt and commodity risks remain the biggest black clouds on the horizon for Anixter right now, but with limited competition, a recession resistant product, and improving financial numbers, investors should warm up to the firm as the year progresses. While a debt-induced liquidity shortage is a bit of a concern for the company right now, $13 in free cash flow considerably widens its turnover numbers and quells doubts. Still, black clouds are necessary for a strong short squeeze, so solid results should mean even bigger gains for investors who are currently long shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV