Happy April Fools' Day! We here at The Five Dumbest Lab love April Fools' Day. In fact, it's our favorite holiday because nobody likes to celebrate foolish behavior more than we do.
But before we run off to pull a prank on one of our friends on Wall Street, we leave you with The Five Dumbest Things April Fools Quiz, recapping the silly shenanigans of the first quarter of 2010. Answering correctly could win you an autographed copy of Jim Cramer's latest book, Getting Back to Even.
Enter by midnight Thursday, April 1, by emailing your answers here with the words "Contest Entry" in the subject line. We'll rerun the column Friday, April 2, with the answers and the name of the winner. If there is more than one correct entry, we'll have a drawing.
Good luck!1. After Dubai ran into financial troubles and was unable to service its multibillion debt load, it was bailed out by neighboring emirate Abu Dhabi. To show its appreciation, Dubai's ruler changed the name of the world's largest skycraper from "Burj Dubai" to what? A. Dubai State Building B. Mega Burj C. Burj Khalifa D. Burjer King 2. For what reason did Michael Skarzynski resign from his job as CEO of radio ratings provider Arbitron (ARB) in January? A. sleeping on the job B. lying to Congress C. payola D. Crayola 3. What did Cadbury chairman Roger Carr call Kraft (KFT) in January a week before accepting its $19.5 billion buyout bid? A. "low growth" and with a "long history of underperformance" B. "fast growing" and with a "fantastic pipeline of new products" C. "speedy as a rabbit" and with a "real wild side like Lady Gaga" D. "quick as a wink" and with a "side of fries" 4. How much did NBC parents GE (GE) and Comcast (CMCSA) pay late night host Conan O'Brien to walk away after just eight months of work? A. $32.5 million B. $20 million C. $10 million D. $100 million
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV