Shares of White Electronic closed Monday at $5.46.
Microsemi, in a statement Tuesday, said it expects the deal to close in its fiscal third quarter ending June 27. The boards of both companies approved the deal.
Microsemi said it would finance the acquisition using its cash on hand and no debt will be incurred.White Electronic makes anti-tamper technologies for weapon systems. "The combination of Microsemi's and White Electronic's product portfolios further extends Microsemi's integrated solution offering in the defense and aerospace markets with superior technology and capability," said James Peterson, Microsemi's CEO and president, in a statement. Microsemi said it expects the acquisition to add 8 cents to 12 cents a share to earnings in fiscal 2011. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV