NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were moving on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Oxygen Biotherapeutics (OXBT) jumped by $1.64, or 35.5%, to $6.28 after the company said it has begun marketing and selling its over-the-counter Dermacyte Oxygen skin care gel product. Oxygen Biotherapeutics also said it filed for a shelf offering of up to $75 million in common stock. Volume topped 922,000 shares, compared to the average daily volume of 19,000.
MDRNA (MRNA) surged by 31 cents, or 30.7%, to $1.32 after the biotech company said the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued a "Notice of Allowance" for one of the company's patents covering methods for the cell-specific delivery of siRNAs. Volume topped 18.89 million shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 1.37 million, according to the Nasdaq.
Servidyne (SERV) rallied by 94 cents, or 42.3%, to $3.16 after the energy efficiency products company said it has an agreement worth an estimated total revenue value of $8.7 million to improve the energy efficiency of approximately 600 stores and distribution centers of a major U.S. retailer. Volume topped 328,000 shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 3,200.Pacific Ethanol (PEIX) plummeted by 70 cents, or 35.2%, to $1.29 after the company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Pacific Ethanol Holding, and four wholly-owned ethanol production facilities filed for reorganization plan in bankruptcy court. Pacific Ethanol said it expects the subsidiaries to emerge from bankruptcy near the end of the second quarter in 2010. Volume topped 12.99 million shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 4.12 million. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV