Airbus countered Boeing's statement of triumph, saying that from what it gathered and confirmed from the WTO panel report, 70% of the U.S. claims against the European Union had been rejected; that the European reimbursable loan mechanism has been confirmed to be a legal and compliant instrument of partnership between government and industry; and that the panel refused the U.S. request for remedies as legally inappropriate. "These results are in stark contrast to Boeing's enthusiastic expectations announced only last night in a statement by the company," EADS stated.
EADS, enthusiastic about deepening its imprint in the U.S. market, looks like it's ready to proceed with a bid. The Pentagon has already granted the company prime-contractor status, and the company is close to receiving a 90-day extension for the company to have more time to prepare for a bid, according to Reuters.
"I believe that EADS sees a path where they could submit a bid with a reasonable chance of winning that Northrop did not see, and for different reasons," Leeham aerospace analyst Scott Hamilton told Reuters. According to the report, Hamilton also said that EADS had fewer qualms about fixed-price contracts than Northrop, given its know-how with commercial aircraft deals.
All of which begs the question: Looking at the past and current developments, what do you think are the odds of EADS winning the lucrative U.S. tanker deal?
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV