BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The Russell 2000 Index, a small-cap barometer, gained 2% this week, four times as much as the S&P 500 Index of the largest companies. Here's a look at top small-company shares to consider buying.
Same-store sales reports show that there's a shopping rebound. Denim is a niche that has outperformed. Here are three stocks to play this trend.
3. Joe's Jeans (JOEZ)2. True Religion Apparel (TRLG) 1. The Buckle (BKE) Three Best Energy Equipment, Services Stocks A commodities boom is likely to keep energy-services stocks rising. These three receive top scores from TheStreet's model. 3. Atwood Oceanics (ATW) 2. FMC Technologies (FTI) 1. Dril-Quip (DRQ) Six Retail Stocks Trading at 52-Week Highs Retail stocks are soaring in 2010 as consumers start to spend again. The following small-caps receive little attention from the press, but they're outpacing peers and benchmarks. 6. Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) 5. Jo-Ann Stores (JAS) 4. Shoe Carnival (SCVL) 3. Gymboree (GYMB) 2. Big Lots (BIG) 1. Syms Corp. (SYMS)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV