BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The Russell 2000 Index, a small-cap barometer, gained 2% this week, four times as much as the S&P 500 Index of the largest companies. Here's a look at top small-company shares to consider buying.
Same-store sales reports show that there's a shopping rebound. Denim is a niche that has outperformed. Here are three stocks to play this trend.
3. Joe's Jeans (JOEZ)2. True Religion Apparel (TRLG) 1. The Buckle (BKE) Three Best Energy Equipment, Services Stocks A commodities boom is likely to keep energy-services stocks rising. These three receive top scores from TheStreet's model. 3. Atwood Oceanics (ATW) 2. FMC Technologies (FTI) 1. Dril-Quip (DRQ) Six Retail Stocks Trading at 52-Week Highs Retail stocks are soaring in 2010 as consumers start to spend again. The following small-caps receive little attention from the press, but they're outpacing peers and benchmarks. 6. Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) 5. Jo-Ann Stores (JAS) 4. Shoe Carnival (SCVL) 3. Gymboree (GYMB) 2. Big Lots (BIG) 1. Syms Corp. (SYMS)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV