Bank Of South Carolina Corporation Reinstates Dividend
CHARLESTON, S.C., March 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Board of Directors of Bank of South Carolina Corporation, (Nasdaq: BKSC) the parent Company for The Bank of South Carolina, declared a $.10 per share quarterly dividend payable April 30, 2010 to shareholders of record as of April 9, 2010. Hugh C. Lane, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of The Bank of South Carolina, stated, "We are pleased to reinstate a dividend to our shareholders. During the turbulent times and uncertainties in 2009 for banking, we felt it our responsibility to suspend our dividend and build the reserve for loan losses. Having done this we are optimistic about our future and that we need to again share the profits of the Bank with our shareholders."
The Bank of South Carolina, a De Novo Charter, which opened in 1987 at 256 Meeting Street, has offices in Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, and the West Ashley community. Our website is www.banksc.com. Bank of South Carolina Corporation currently trades its common stock on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol "BKSC". Select market makers for Bank of South Carolina Corporation Common Stock are: Knight Equity Markets, LP and USB Securities, LLC.
SOURCE Bank of South Carolina Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV