Exelon (EXC) said "federal healthcare legislation was recently signed into law. The healthcare legislation includes a provision that reduces the deductibility, for federal income tax purposes, of retiree healthcare costs to the extent an employer's postretirement healthcare plan receives federal subsidies that provide retiree prescription drug benefits equivalent to Medicare prescription drug benefits." Because of these changes, the company now expect to record total non-cash after-tax charges of about $65 million for income tax expense to establish deferred tax liabilities in the first quarter of 2010 .
The reduction of these income tax deductions is also estimated to increase Exelon's total annual income tax expense by about $10 million to $15 million. Of this total, annual income tax expense of subsidiaries Generation, ComEd and PECO is estimated to increase $5 million to $8 million, $3 million to $4 million and $1 million to $2 million, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV