Cramer gives an $18.50 target for Calix and said MaxLinear already maxed out at $18.55. "You'd don't want to pay over for that," he suggested.
Crammer was also impressed with Lennar's (LEN) earnings report on Wednesday. The homebuilder actually raised prices for houses in California.
Bank of America (BAC) also said on Wednesday that it will reduce mortgage principal for some homeowners. "I am trying to get my arms around that," Cramer said. The problem with the announcement is that "you don't really know if Bank of America will take you or not."Still, Cramer said anything that lowers principals is of real value. He owns Bank of America for his Charitable Trust portfolio. Meanwhile, Williams-Sonoma (WSM), Darden Restaurants (DRI) and Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH) all pre-announced better-than-expected earnings and even topped those numbers, Cramer said. Cramer said that this is a sign that the consumer is returning and March will be good. Darden saw a boost from Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse and Capital Grille. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV