There has been much debate recently as to the future of the Chinese economy. Famous hedge fund manager Jim Chanos has publicly come out saying he will short the Chinese economy. While I believe the Chinese real estate market and domestic stock market are overvalued, I think the Chinese companies trading on the U.S. exchanges are screaming buys.
Warren Buffett talked about feeling like "an oversexed man in a brothel" in the mid-1970' because he was so excited about the cheap prices in U.S. stocks. I feel the same about stocks in China right now. No one can predict market fluctuations; I just buy when stocks are trading at a huge discount to their intrinsic value.
While I am not sure of the future in the markets in the next year or even two years, I am certain that these companies are exceptional buys for the long-term investor.
As I discussed in my previous article, leaders in the pharmaceutical industry have a similar winning business model: a strong nationwide sales and distribution network, strong research and development capabilities and access to capital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV