NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "This rally is turning bears into house pets," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Tuesday.
After a 103-point rally in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Cramer said that the "parade of horribles" the bears have been counting on have simply evaporated, leaving corporate earnings to take center stage.According to the bears, said Cramer, commercial real estate was on the brink of collapse. Instead, he said new firms are being created every day to buy distressed real estate and help the market recover. The bears also predicted ever falling housing prices, but there too, they were wrong, he said, noting home builder KB Homes (KBH) saying that home prices in California have finally stabilized.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV