TORONTO, March 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Leveraging years of development in secure applications for the mobile world, Diversinet Corp. (TSX Venture: DIV, OTC Bulletin Board: DVNTF) is increasing its focus on secure mobile healthcare, the company announced today at CTIA Wireless 2010.
"We will now concentrate on expanding our development of applications that securely connect people with their healthcare information, providers and payers – in a protected manner anytime, anywhere," said Albert Wahbe, Diversinet chairman and CEO.
Elements of the company's new healthcare strategy include:
- Introducing new products and product enhancements matched to the needs of the mHealth industry.
- MobiSecure® SMS, a new product that enables healthcare providers to exchange sensitive information instantly with patients via any mobile device in a secure and trusted environment. The product is targeted for telemedicine and provider case/disease management.
- MobiSecure Wallet and Vault R4.0, with advanced personalization tools, such as over-the-air (OTA) branding and new mobile software development kits (SDKs). This product, announced today, enables healthcare providers to quickly launch branded versions for their patients/members, allowing access to critical and sensitive health information.
- Bluetooth® connectivity to medical diagnostic devices through MobiSecure Wallet and Vault. Planned for release in the second half of this year, this feature will allow collection of additional medical information, reduce user errors, and increase the reliability of data received.
- Creating customized portals to support mobile health applications for physicians and healthcare providers, such as the Mihealth family health project in Canada to deliver better care at lower cost.
- Expanding Diversinet's network of healthcare partners and introducing an expanded trial program for potential new healthcare partners through a model that offers companies trials with minimal commitment.
- Retaining Comunicano, Inc., a leading strategic communications agency, to develop and deliver a comprehensive communications program for the new direction. Diversinet also recently engaged Connected Health Strategies to support business development in the United States and globally.