Copel Announces Results For 2009
CURITIBA, Brazil, March 23/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Companhia Paranaense de Energia - COPEL (NYSE: ELP; BOVESPA: CPLE3, CPLE5, CPLE6; LATIBEX: XCOP), a company that generates, transmits, distributes and sells power to the State of Parana, announces its results for 2009. All the figures in this report are in Brazilian Reais and were prepared in accordance with Brazilian GAAP.
Copel's consolidated balance sheet presents, in addition to the figures of the wholly owned subsidiaries (Copel Geracao e Transmissao, Copel Distribuicao and Copel Telecomunicacoes), those of Compagas, Elejor, UEG Araucaria, Centrais Eolicas do Parana and Domino Holdings, the latter jointly controlled with other shareholders.
- Net Operating Revenue (NOR): R$ 5,617 million.
- Operating Income: R$ 1,427 million.
- Net Income: R$ 1,026 million ( R$ 3.75 per share).
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization): R$ 1,739 million.
- Return on Shareholder's Equity: 13.1%.
- Growth in power consumption billed by COPEL to captive customers: 3.1%.
- Copel's rating calculated by Fitch is AA(bra) for the corporate and for the 4th debenture issue.
The Company's shares and main indexes presented the following variations in 2009:
Ticker Price Var. % Points Var. % CPLE3 (common/ Bovespa) 36.50 65.9 Ibovespa 68,588 82.7 CPLE6 (preferred B/ Bovespa) 37.04 54.3 Dow Jones 10,428 18.8 ELP (ADR/ NYSE) 21.45 103.5 Latibex 3,476 97.2 XCOP (preferred B/ Latibex) 14.82 97.6
Conference Call: March 25, 2010English: 10 am – US EDT Dial-in access: (1 786) 924-6977 Access Code: Copel Live webcast at www.copel.com/ir Contacts: Investor Relations – COPEL
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV