Mobilicity Selects PT's SEGway(TM) Solution For Its 3G Wireless Network
LAS VEGAS, March 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- PT (Nasdaq: PTIX), the recently rebranded Performance Technologies, a leading global provider of advanced network communications solutions, today announced its SEGway™ Solution has been installed by Mobilicity (formerly Toronto-based DAVE Wireless Inc.). Mobilicity is launching its 3G wireless network in Toronto this spring and will roll-out its city-based networks in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Ottawa later this year.
The scalable SEGway carrier-grade network solution allows Mobilicity to reliably and cost-effectively extend its wireless network capabilities to cities across Canada. With rapid growth of wireless traffic volume, IP-based networks are becoming the preferred infrastructure for signaling, replacing traditional circuit-switched SS7 in wireless operators' networks. PT's IP-native SEGway™ Signaling systems offers carriers complete flexibility in the choice of SIGTRAN interfaces from M2PA and M2UA to Signaling Gateway protocols - M3UA and SUA.
"As we prepare to enter the competitive Canadian wireless market, Mobilicity is committed to giving Canadians a better mobile experience," said Mobilicity President and CEO Dave Dobbin. "PT's proven SEGway Signaling Transfer Point (STP) platform will ensure our customers call quality and reliability, and it will enable us to deliver differentiating services on both our 3G network and on our long-distance and roaming partners' networks."
"We welcome Mobilicity to our growing list of mobile operators throughout the world who value the performance and flexibility of our SEGway portfolio," said Patt Rice, senior vice president of Sales, Marketing, and Service at PT.PT will be showcasing its latest carrier and OEM solutions for wireless and telecommunications networks at CTIA Wireless 2010 on March 23 – 25, 2010 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, in booth # 6551. Online Resources Telecommunications system architects and carrier network engineers needing advanced, signaling solutions can learn more about SEGway solutions by accessing the following online resources:
- SEGway STP: http://pt.com/page/signaling/stp
- SEGway X401: http://pt.com/content/segway/x401
- SS7 Tutorial: http://pt.com/page/tutorials/ss7-tutorial
- White Paper – Managing Costs in Growing Networks with SEGway™ STPs and Point Code Emulation™: http://pt.com/file/pdfs/white-papers/point-code-emulation.pdf
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV