Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation Joins The Wilshire US REIT Index(SM) (WILREIT)
FREEHOLD, N.J., March 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation (Nasdaq: MNRTA) is proud to announce that it was added to the Wilshire US Real Estate Investment Trust Index(SM) (Wilshire US REIT Index(SM) ) effective after the markets closed on March 19, 2010 in conjunction with the quarterly rebalancing of the index.
The Wilshire US Real Estate Securities Index(SM) (Wilshire US RESI), of which the Wilshire US REIT Index is a subset, was introduced in September 1991 by Wilshire Associates Incorporated, a leading global independent investment services and consulting firm. The purpose was to create an index of publicly traded real estate equity securities without the limitations of other appraisal based indexes. The recently introduced Wilshire US REIT exchange-traded fund (NYSE Arca: WREI) is the only ETF based upon the Wilshire US REIT Index, which measures U. S. publicly-traded real estate investment trusts.
Eugene W. Landy, President, stated, "We are extremely pleased to have Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation gain inclusion in the Wilshire US REIT Index. This should result in both improved liquidity for our shareholders as well as increased efficiency in the valuation of our shares. We look forward to remaining on this respected benchmark for many years to come."
Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation, which was organized in 1968, is a publicly-owned real estate investment trust specializing in net-leased industrial properties. The Company's portfolio consists of sixty-one industrial properties and one shopping center located in twenty-five states. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.SOURCE Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV