NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Arrowhead Research (ARWR) climbed by 6 cents, or 11.1%, to 60 cents in the premarket session after the company said its subsidiary, Calando Pharma, has demonstrated systemic delivery of siRNA and the successful "silencing" of a widely recognized cancer gene via RNA interference (RNAi) in humans. The data were published in the Nature journal Sunday in an advance online edition, the company said. The 50-day average daily volume for Arrowhead is 126,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Helios & Matheson North America (HMNA) should trade lower Monday after the software company said its relationship with Cogito, a fellow software company whose products Helios & Matheson markets, will be terminated. Helios & Matheson said it expects that future software product revenues, which it views as supplemental to its core consulting business, "will be significantly reduced in the short term." The 50-day average daily volume for Helios & Matheson is 62,000. The stock closed Friday at $1.65.
Verenium (VRNM) may also lose ground Monday after the biofuels company received a "going concern" qualification from its auditors. The 50-day average daily volume for Verenium is 176,000. The stock closed Friday at $6.13.China GengSheng Minerals (CHGS) may trade higher Monday after the materials technology company said it has entered two new sales contracts totaling approx $1.56 mln (RMB10.65 million) for refractory products with two new customers. The average daily volume for China GengSheng is 244,000. Shares closed Friday at $2.73. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV