The report adds that 45% of survey takers said they would be just fine with a range of less than 75 miles, while only 29% would settle for less than 49 miles.
In preparation for the growing interest in electric cars, KB Home (KBH) on Mar. 9 announced that it will begin offering an option to pre-wire its new built-to-order homes to accommodate charging stations for homeowners' electric vehicles, and that the pre-wire option is now available nationwide. Meanwhile, California is offering up to $5,000 in rebates to buyers of electric vehicles.
Tata Motors American Depository Receipts (ADRs) are down 1.8% at $17.70 in pre-market trading, while KB Home stock is down 0.5% to 17.20 in the pre-market. Nissan ADRs closed down about 1% at $16.90 Friday.
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV