NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Don Dion posts his current insights on the stock, bond, commodity and currency markets in his RealMoney blog, anticipating which ETFs will be in play next.
In the following three blogs from the past week Don commented on three ETFs that could benefit from government infrastructure spending, how to profit from the shakeout from the health care vote, and an ETF that was crippled by contango.
Three ETFs for Government Infrastructure Spending
Posted 03/18/2010 4:06 p.m. EDT
President Obama continues to pledge funds toward infrastructure projects, signing a $17.6 billion jobs bill this morning that subsidizes state and local construction bonds and allocates $19.5 billion for a highway construction program. Even before setting foot into office, Obama outlined his plan to make the "single largest new investment in our national infrastructure since the creation of the federal highway system in the 1950s," so this trend in spending is certainly worth betting on.These following three ETFs offer exposure to government-sponsored infrastructure projects. 1. iShares S&P Global Infrastructure Index (IGF) While there still isn't a broad U.S. infrastructure ETF, IGF devotes 22.98% of its underlying portfolio to U.S.-based firms. IGF's underlying index includes companies involved in utilities, energy and transportation infrastructure, airport services, highways and marine ports. Top components include TransCanada (TRP), Enbridge (ENB), Spectra Energy (SE) and Williams (WMB). > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll 2. PowerShares Dynamic Networking ETF (PXQ) Earlier this week the Federal Communications Commission released its "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV