Ransom Fax: A Pirate's Veiled Threats
When James Christodoulou, the CEO of a small shipping company based in Connecticut, found out that one of his firm's two vessels had been hijacked by Somali pirates, he was about to be swept into a life-changing drama.
Serving as his own ransom negotiator, Christodoulou dealt on a daily basis with his counterparts in Somalia: the men who act as liaisons between the pirate gangs and the companies whose ships they've siezed.
Click below for an inside look into the minutiae of this secretive world: a fax from a pirate negotiator to Christodoulou, communicating a series of veiled threats. Note, too, the blocked-out figure at the top of the fax: the sum the pirates were then demanding of Christodoulou's company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV