This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Heritage Financial Group Adopts Plan To Reorganize And Conduct "Second-Step" Stock Offering

Heritage Financial Group (NASDAQ: HBOS), the mid-tier holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced that it has adopted a plan to reorganize from a two-tier mutual holding company to a full stock holding company and will undertake a "second-step" offering of additional shares of common stock. The conversion and offering is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2010, subject to regulatory, stockholder and depositor approvals.

"This is an important milestone in our company's growth strategy," said Leonard Dorminey, President and Chief Executive Officer of Heritage Financial Group. "While our total risk-based capital ratio at year-end was significantly higher than the required minimum of 10% to be considered a well-capitalized institution, we believe this step will enhance our ability to take advantage of attractive expansion opportunities and better position us for continued growth."

Heritage MHC, a mutual holding company formed in 2002, holds approximately 76% of the shares of Heritage Financial Group, which in turn owns HeritageBank of the South. The remaining 24% of Heritage Financial Group's shares currently are held by public stockholders.

As part of the reorganization, HeritageBank of the South will become a wholly owned subsidiary of a to-be-formed stock corporation, Heritage Financial Group, Inc. Shares of the common stock of the Company, other than those held by Heritage MHC, will be converted into shares of common stock in Heritage Financial Group, Inc., using an exchange ratio designed to preserve current percentage ownership interests. Shares owned by Heritage MHC will be retired, and new shares representing that ownership will be offered and sold to the Bank's eligible depositors, the Bank's tax-qualified employee benefit plans and to members of the general public as set forth in the Plan of Conversion and Reorganization of Heritage MHC.

Heritage Financial Group, Inc. intends to retain the Company’s NASDAQ symbol, HBOS, and will continue to be headquartered in Albany, Georgia.

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
HBOS $30.18 0.43%
AAPL $117.81 0.00%
FB $105.45 0.00%
GOOG $750.26 0.00%
TSLA $231.61 0.00%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,798.49 -14.90 -0.08%
S&P 500 2,090.11 +1.24 0.06%
NASDAQ 5,127.5250 +11.3820 0.22%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs