NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Pentagon has said it would extend a bid with a May 10 deadline for a tanker contract after Airbus parent EADS expressed interest in joining the bid.
Earlier this month, Northrop Grumman (NOC) dropped out of the race to win a $40 billion contract to build the Air Force's next generation of aerial-refueling planes, leaving Boeing (BA) as the sole competitor.
Northrop's partner in the proposal was Europe's EADS. Northrop and EADS won the last competition for the contract in February 2008. But the deal was canceled after government auditors decided to uphold a Boeing protest.
It was reported earlier this month that EADS was considering launching a bid of its own.-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV