Earnings Roundup: Palm, Cintas
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, March 18, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Palm Inc. reported sales figures that showed it's having a difficult time getting consumers to pay attention to its phones in a market dominated by iPhones and BlackBerrys. The company's shares plunged in after-hours trading.
Other stories:CINCINNATI (AP) ¿ Uniform maker Cintas Corp. said a sagging job market dragged down its profit by nearly a third in its fiscal third-quarter. ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) ¿ Sensor technology manufacturer ICx Technologies Inc. reported a fourth-quarter loss roughly even with same quarter from the previous year. SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) ¿ NeurogesX Inc. said its fourth-quarter loss widened as the biotechnology company spent more, preparing to launch its Qutenza pain patch. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Concord Medical Services Holdings Ltd., the largest radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging center operator in China, reported a fourth-quarter profit as it continued to open new facilities. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ FedEx says the global economic recovery is broadening, as the U.S. economy gains steam and Asia continues to show strong growth. GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) ¿ GameStop's fourth-quarter results and 2010 forecast topped Wall Street expectations and company shares jumped more than 6 percent on its outlook for the year. TINY INCREASE: The Conference Board's index of leading economic indicators rose just 0.1 percent in February, the smallest increase in 11 months. It suggests sluggish conditions this summer as unemployment remains high and income growth tepid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV