Cramer's 'Mad Money' Follow-Up: March 17
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Every night on "Mad Money," Jim Cramer offers market commentary and general investment advice, and he makes calls on specific stocks, both of his own choosing and in response to viewer requests. He relies on his many years of experience and strong track record, and he takes full responsibility for his calls.
Here we track some of his calls from the previous episode of "Mad Money" and find out, at least in the very short term, how the stocks are performing. Keep in mind that Cramer might not have been recommending that viewers take immediate action on a stock. And, of course, it's up to the individual investor to do his or her own homework.
That said, here's how some of the stocks that Cramer talked about on Wednesday's "Mad Money" show fared today.
J. Crew (JCG): Cramer told viewers that it can be just as important to learn about the "stories behind the products" as it is to study a company's balance sheet and earnings estimates. In J. Crew's case, he said, the company's products have a loyal fan base, and the company is growing in areas such as wedding and men's apparel. Cramer called the stock, which has risen 386% since its 2009 lows, a buy. On Thursday, J. Crew lost 3 cents to close at $45.02. Nstar (NST): Cramer gave shares of Nstar, Massachusetts' largest utility, his blessing. He particularly liked its dividend, and he said the company should not suffer due to proposed carbon legislation. On Thursday, Nstar closed up 2 cents at $35.60. AT&T (T): In his "Lightning Round" segment, Cramer called AT&T a "great stock" and told viewers to stick with it.
|Stockpickr: Who Owns AT&T?|
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV