4. IndexIQ Hedge Macro Tracker ETF (MCRO) Expense Ratio = 1.10%*
MCRO is designed to replicate the performance of the IQ Hedge Macro Index, a benchmark that replicates the risk-adjusted return characteristics of a combination of hedge funds pursuing a macro strategy and hedge funds pursuing an emerging markets strategy.
Like other hedge fund replication ETFs from IndexIQ, MCRO is an "ETF of ETFs," meaning that its underlying holdings are not stocks and bonds but rather other ETFs.
Although this strategy is an efficient way to pursue complex strategies that include exposure to multiple asset classes, it also has the potential to increase expenses by creating multiple levels of costs.MCRO charges an expense ratio of 75 basis points, but the acquired fund fees and expenses from MCRO's underlying holdings add another 35 basis points, resulting in an effective expense ratio of 1.10%. A big reason for MCRO's sizeable acquired funds expense is the 20% allocation to iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index (EEM), which charges 72 basis points.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV