Dow Up Eight Days in Row
Commodities and the Dollar
The Energy Information Administration said natural gas storage levels for the week ended March 12 fell by 11 billion cubic feet, which was at the low end of an expected withdrawal range of 27 billion to 31 billion cubic feet, according to analysts polled by Platts.
Natural gas futures suffered. The April delivery contract lost 22 cents, or 5.1%, to settle at $4.09 per million British thermal units.
Elsewhere in commodities markets, crude oil for April delivery shed 73 cents, or 0.9%, to settle at $82.20 a barrel, while the April gold contract gained $3.30, or 0.3% to settle at $1,127.50 an ounce.The dollar was trading higher against a basket of currencies, with the dollar index up by 0.8%. Read on for details on trading in Treasuries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV