Dow Up Eight Days in Row
After the close of trading, Palm (PALM) reported a third-quarter loss of 61 cents a share and sales that rose to $366 million, beating its own guidance for sales in a range of $300 million to $320 million. Analysts had been looking for a third-quarter loss of 42 cents a share. The stock lost 12 cents, or 2.1%, to $5.53 in after-hours trading.
Earlier, FedEx (FDX) beat analysts' estimates with a 76-cent fiscal third-quarter profit, and raised fiscal fourth-quarter guidance. Shares gained $2.87, or 3.2%, to $92.67. Shares of rival United Parcel Service (UPS) added $1.54, or 2.5%, to $64.42.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV