NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- This week has shown evidence of two typical themes in short-term solar trading: a schizophrenic split between negative sentiment from the mainstream press driving down solar stocks, and press releases from solar companies giving solar stocks a bump.
On Monday, a Barron's article's negative outlook on solar stocks -- a report that repeated much of what already has been reported in the much of the press for months -- seemed to exact the "mainstream press" toll on solar stocks.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, however, the solar sector also provided evidence of the stand-by stock rally theme of "any news is good news."
(SPWRA), for example. Late on Tuesday,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV