Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Signs of a Healthy Market (Final)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting a new high for the year, Jim Cramer donned his doctor's lab coat and told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show that he was going to take the pulse of the market to see whether it was truly healthy.
The checkup consisted of 10 tests that Cramer said he's been using for years to take the temperature of an illusive market. This is what he saw:1. A Rally in Transports. Cramer said this is important because the transports represent the movement of goods and people. If the transports are rallying, commerce is picking up, he said. 2. Strength in Banking. Cramer said our economy runs on credit, so a rally in the banking index means that credit conditions are improving.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV