Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Signs of a Healthy Market (Final)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting a new high for the year, Jim Cramer donned his doctor's lab coat and told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show that he was going to take the pulse of the market to see whether it was truly healthy.
The checkup consisted of 10 tests that Cramer said he's been using for years to take the temperature of an illusive market. This is what he saw:1. A Rally in Transports. Cramer said this is important because the transports represent the movement of goods and people. If the transports are rallying, commerce is picking up, he said. 2. Strength in Banking. Cramer said our economy runs on credit, so a rally in the banking index means that credit conditions are improving.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV