Sin Stock Short-Squeeze Opportunities
Earlier this week Century Casinos (CNTY) announced a surprise loss, exciting the short sellers that had pushed the stock's short ratio to 12.4. But there's more to that earnings story that just red ink.
The majority of Century's loss was thanks to a write down of $9 million on the company's Polish operations following an increase in gaming tax rates from 45% to 50%. That seemingly small increase in tax has a substantial effect on Century's business in Poland, which operates with relatively thin margins. But with the impact of Poland's operations on Century relatively small, and new analyst upgrades over Macau's gaming regulations, this stock should manage to rebound well.
Century is one of the many small-cap holdings in Lloyd I. Miller's portfolio. The investor holds insider stakes in a number of small OTC and listed stocks, including Youbet.com (UBET) and ZiLOG (ZILG).
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV