Sin Stock Short-Squeeze Opportunities
Monarch Casino & Resort (MCRI) is a small-cap stock that owns and operates Reno, Nevada's Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, a property with 61,000 square feet of casino floor and nearly 1,000 guest rooms. Monarch has been getting quite a bit of investor attention lately -- and not the good kind. Short-sellers have pushed the stock's short ratio to 14.1. At that level, it would take nearly three trading weeks for short-sellers to cover their stakes.
While Monarch has seen tough times lately alongside the rest of the gaming industry, the small company has managed to maintain its profitability as the recession tapers off. And Monarch also boasts one of the strongest returns on assets in the small-cap casino segment. With a manageable debt load and an uptick in consumer travel spending, this stock should be able to shake out its demons and see higher ground in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV