NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- New York spot gold prices are rising in midday trading following declines in the dollar ahead of the expectation that the Federal Reserve will not be hiking up interest rates at this stage of the game, as well as on ongoing concerns about global credit problems.
Spot gold prices are rising by $14.60, or 1.3% to $1,123.40 an ounce.
"Bullion prices climbed towards $1,115 overnight as overseas market participants helped gold recover from its two-week lows on the back of some bargain hunting in the low $1,100's and the continuing favorable nod it is receiving from various quarters worried about the impact of credit woes on certain currencies," Kitco analyst Jon Nadler writes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV