NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Tuesday's session.
Biolase Technology (BLTI) opened higher by 32 cents, or 17.3%, to $2.17 after the medical technology company said it has received 510(k) clearance from the Food and Drug Administration to market its iLase diode laser, which it says is the first personal laser for minimally invasive soft-tissue and dental hygiene procedures. The 50-day average daily volume for Biolase is 32,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Compugen (CGEN) climbed by 35 cents, or 7.1%, to $5.28 at the start of trading Tuesday after the drug and diagnostic products company announced its Intracellular Drug Delivery discovery platform to predict cell penetrating peptides for drug delivery. The 50-day average daily volume for Compugen is 513,000.
eOn Communications (EONC) opened lower by 89 cents, or 19.2%, to $3.74 after the communications solutions provider said in a regulatory filing it had a second-quarter loss of 9 cents a share. Additionally, eOn said that revenue jumped 169% to $3.51 million, although $2.79 million was attributable to the inclusion of Cortelco, which the company acquired in April 2009. The 50-day average daily volume for eOn is 76,000.Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX) dropped by 18 cents, or 12.7%, to $1.24 in early trading after the company price an offering of 87.7 million shares of common stock at $1.15 per share. The 50-day average daily volume for Lexicon is 923,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Tuesday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV