Wall Street analysts have predicted Apple iPad sales will be in a range between 2 million to as high as 10 million in the first year. Angela McIntyre of Gartner puts the number at 4.2 million.
The uncertainty around the iPad sales pace helped knock Apple's stock down 1% Monday. The shares were down and additional 42 cents, or less than 1%, to $223.42 in morning trading Tuesday.
--Written by Scott Moritz in New York.
Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV