- Onvia is tracking 3,400 energy-related ARRA funded initiatives.
- 100,000 new jobs are forecasted as a result of stimulus-funded energy projects, with the lion's share (60,000) in the Southeast. The highest salary per job will be in New England.
- Smart grid projects will lead the way, such as the $851 million grid modernization in IN, KY, NC, and OH; the $639 million installation of 2.2 million smart meters in TX; a $578 million smart grid project in FL; and a $520 million smart grid virtual power plant in NC.
- Energy products and services sought by government agencies will be wide ranging, covering generation, transmission, metering, building automation systems, and security technologies.
- Additional funding will come from Clean Renewable Energy Bonds and the jobs bill.
- According to the Department of Energy, every $1 the government spends on state energy programs results in $7.22 in energy cost savings.
Green Turns To Gold As Thousands Of Stimulus-Funded Energy Projects Are Awarded To Contractors In 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.