- Onvia is tracking 3,400 energy-related ARRA funded initiatives.
- 100,000 new jobs are forecasted as a result of stimulus-funded energy projects, with the lion's share (60,000) in the Southeast. The highest salary per job will be in New England.
- Smart grid projects will lead the way, such as the $851 million grid modernization in IN, KY, NC, and OH; the $639 million installation of 2.2 million smart meters in TX; a $578 million smart grid project in FL; and a $520 million smart grid virtual power plant in NC.
- Energy products and services sought by government agencies will be wide ranging, covering generation, transmission, metering, building automation systems, and security technologies.
- Additional funding will come from Clean Renewable Energy Bonds and the jobs bill.
- According to the Department of Energy, every $1 the government spends on state energy programs results in $7.22 in energy cost savings.
Green Turns To Gold As Thousands Of Stimulus-Funded Energy Projects Are Awarded To Contractors In 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.