NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As evidenced by February's ETF flows, droves of investors have been piling into plain vanilla exchange traded funds. Given this preference, Claymore could not have picked a better time to launch its family of Wilshire 5000-focused exchange traded funds.
On Tuesday, the company launched three funds designed to track different slices of the Wilshire 5000 Index: the Claymore Wilshire 5000 Total Market ETF (WFVK), the Claymore Wilshire 4500 Completion ETF (WXSP), and the Claymore Wilshire U.S. REIT ETF (WREI).
Broad-based funds such as these are a throwback to the roots of the exchange traded fund industry. Today, ETF investors can track everything from TIPS to biotech to natural gas, but the very first exchange traded fund was designed as a simple catch-all for investors looking for cheap exposure to the broad S&P 500.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV