1. BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT) holds royalty interests in an Alaskan oil field.
Quarter: Fourth-quarter profit increased 5.7% to $66 million, or $3.11, as revenue dropped 41% to $37 million. The trust holds $32 million of cash and no debt. It distributes royalties on 16% of the first 90,000 barrels of daily net production at the Prudhoe Bay field. Based on proven reserves, the trust expects to pay dividends until 2024.
Performance: BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust returned 107% in the past year, outpacing benchmarks. Despite a minimal Wall Street following, the trust has proven to be a lucrative dividend vehicle. It returned 21% annually, on average, during the past five years. Its dividend payments fluctuate in size. If the trust is able to maintain its latest $3.61 quarterly payout, it yields 15.4%.
-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV