2. EV Energy Partners (EVEP) owns and operates oil and gas properties.
Quarter: EV Energy Partners swung to a third-quarter loss of $2.8 million, or 23 cents, from a profit of $204 million, or $10.14, a year earlier. Revenue fell 49% to $30 million. The balance sheet holds $25 million of cash and $292 million of debt. During the past three years, revenue has doubled annually, on average.
Performance: EV Energy Partners returned 183% in the past year, trouncing U.S. indices. It sells for a price-to-book ratio of 1.3 and a price-to-cash-flow ratio of 5.7, significant discounts to industry averages. Of four analysts covering the partnership, three advocate purchasing units and one says to hold them. Raymond James (RJF) expects them to appreciate 19% to $38. They yield 9.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV