BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Investors seeking fat dividends should consider the following stocks. Two are master-limited partnerships, or MLPs, and one is an oil royalty trust. They have unique legal structures and tax implications, but offer outsized payouts.
3. Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) transports oil and gas in the Gulf Coast region.
Quarter: Fourth-quarter profit fell 88% to $2 million, or 15 cents a unit. Full-year revenue halved to $662 million. The net margin declined to 3.2%. Martin Midstream holds $6 million of cash and $305 million of debt. During the past three years, the partnership has grown net income 15% annually, on average.
Performance: Martin Midstream Partners returned 141% in the past year, beating U.S. indices. It sells for a price-to-book ratio of 2.1 and a price-to-sales ratio of 0.7, discounts to peer-group averages. Of five analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, one recommends purchasing units and the remainder advise holding them. They offer a 9.4% distribution yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV