NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Toyota announced Tuesday that it is planning to issue a recall of its 2004 to 2009 Prius models [2004-2005 Toyota Prius pictured above], following a runaway Toyota Prius incident on Monday.
The Toyota Prius recall is being made to address problems of unintended acceleration, according to The Wall Street Journal.
|2004-2005 Toyota Prius|
On Monday, a Toyota Prius sped out of control at 94 mph on a San Diego highway before patrol officers helped the driver bring the car back down to 50 mph. The driver was driving a 2008 Prius.
Toyota has already recalled around 8.5 million vehicles globally over sudden, unintended accelerations as well as braking problems.-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV